Monday, May 18, 2015

Before & After Album

Some of my handiwork, before and after photos. All photos are items that I have picked up at auction, fixed then painted and finished with my own handmade chalk paint. 
You can find my Facebook furniture page here




 This Vanity was one of my favourites. It was first painted white so that when the blue was applied over top the white came through with sanding. Knobs were replaced with crystal ones form Hobby Lobby.

 This buffet was free! all we had to do was pick it up! It was a lovely shade of red. Which then caused the whole top to peel off after I painted it grey - I had to sand it down so that what ever paint was on the top was completely removed. Then the grey was painted on top again. I love how the red peeks through.

This smoky little number was so stinky! I think it was in someones smoking garage, for a very long time! I had to wipe it down with lots of cleaner to remove the tobacco color that was staining the wood.  After the clean was finished, it still smelled. Yuck. It was then left to sit with boxes and boxes of baking soda inside to try and douse the smell.  I also added vanilla (yes, the cooking extract!) to my paint to try and make it smell prettier. End result! No more smell. 



This beauty was brought to me as a custom order. I sanded down the top to bare wood and used the kona stain (expresso) to re do the top. The bottom was painted a duck egg (like) blue color.


Again, a favourite of mine! This is a old stereo cabinet. The red print fabric covers where the speakers would have been.  I removed and covered with chicken wire. And added burlap to the front two panels and the back of the cabinet. I re varnished the top the original walnut color. And painted the existing hardware. 






See the below picture? See what I mean about having the most ugly items turn out the best! 



No comments:

Post a Comment